Monday, October 1, 2012

Terrible Teething and Ornery Baby...

Logan is about 5 1/2 months now. Its no surprise to me that he is teething but I had no idea that he was. Logan has been an excellent baby from birth. I have been rather lucky in that way. I couldn't ask for a better baby. This is all well and good but I was spoiled. He has been good up until last week when almost over night he started crying and acting ornery. It wasn't like him. I couldn't rock him to even calm him down. I checked for teeth but I couldn't see any! Hmmm, I had no idea why then he was acting so upset. So to make sure nothing was wrong, I took him to an instacare. There, the doctor showed me a little white speckle on his lower, right gum. That's his tooth?!? Oh, well, I'm a first time mom. What do I know?? So that tiny thing is what is causing him to act this way? Darn, I was so hoping to prolong teething. But since it's here, i'm doing what I can to help him. I think I'm having a harder time than him! I didn't have a crying baby until now. I get frustrated easier and have a difficult time learning patience. I admire mothers with crying babies! It's hard! So amidst all the new emotions, I'm loving him more than ever! He has grown so much! He is now almost 16.lbs and 27inches. Though he does still fit ( kinda snugly but still fitting) into his 3 month clothes. I'm having a hard time parting with them. So I occasionally throw one on him, even though I have 6 month clothes for him. He is growing too fast out of everything! I just upgraded the nipples on his bottles (again) and his binkys. Where did my newborn go?? This stage is so fun though. He is on the verge of crawling even though he can't sit up yet?? He's backwards I think...He grabs everything, including my hair, and puts it into his mouth. He is giggling, smiling, cooing, farting, all that baby jazz! Even at 2 in the morning he still is an angel. We started solids a couple weeks ago. So far it's going great! He sneezed every now and again while eating. I need a mask! He like bananas and pears but made a sour face with applesauce. We have lots more flavors to go!  I am looking forward to every day! There is always something new with him. I don't know if I can keep up but I'll have to!

No comments:

Post a Comment